Muse & Merlot

Ramblings of a Modern Day Renaissance Soul

11/2/15

Our wedding!




I was trying to think of what I wanted to to put up for my first post and figured what better to kick off my blog, than to share a few pictures from one of my happiest a days.... My wedding!

We got engaged on August 29, 2014 and were married one June 13, 2015!  We've been together a little over 6 years so neither of us could see the point in dragging out the engagement, and spending crazy amounts of money on ONE day was totally out of the question! (I would much spend my money on a lovely house..... And a killer wardrobe!) 

Soooo with a little research we were able to have an amazing wedding for pennies compared to what we could have ended up spending! 

Can we talk about these STUNNING arrangements!!!!  Since we were trying to keep our budget low, we forwent the typical floral arrangements and went with a gorgeous, clean pallet of lush greens--lots of moss, succulents and Ivy with some subtle pops of crisp white! We were lucky enough to work with the talented artists at Flourish  (second to my veil obsession, working with the flourish team was by far one of my favorite wedding experiences.  I would recommend them to anyone as would my husband!  (It's not often a guy raves about a wedding vendor so you know they must be AMAZING!)





My veil...swoon!! I loved my dress but I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVED my veil!!! It was by far, my absolute FAVORITE piece to my wedding look (aside from the luscious, raspberry lipstick I wore) If I could I would wear it Every. Single. Day.  (sigh)

Jeff and I really have the most amazing family and friends who shared our big day with us.  I love each and everyone of these people more than I could ever say!!

When deciding on my girls dresses I really wanted something timeless and neutral that would look pretty in pictures!  I figure, because everyone has a different style/budget, I would let them pick whichever dress they wanted as long as it was long.  I went to my local Home Depot, grabbed some paint swatches in neutral colors that I thought looked great together and gave them to my ladies! I loved the way they all looked!!
I love this above picture of me and my gram.  Asides from Jeff, she is my rock, my best friend and by far my favorite person to spend time with.  

For my dress, I really wanted something timeless and SIMPLE!!!  I fell in LOVE with this dress the second I saw it.......then I tried it on and well..the rest was history!  It had this gorgeous beading on the straps, a peek-a-boo back and a slit up the front that I couldn't resist!!!!  I felt like an old Hollywood starlet, and seeing the way my hubby-to-be looked at me as I walked down the aisle, melted my soul.  
Yes.  We are going to town on some juicy, finger-lickin' good, baby back ribs......BBQ sauce....... DROOOOOOOL!!!  

We wanted a photo booth but the price didn't match our budget so we came up with a selfie station instead!  We ordered the CUTEST props off this Etsy shop, grabbed a frame for 25 cents from Salvation Army, spruced it up with some chalkboard paint, then organized the props in an adorable pot with white stones....voila!!  We kept them around the dance floor and they were a huge hit!

Oh, and we had an ice cream truck.


I  love this man more than words could ever describe..... #LiveLaughLang

No comments:

Post a Comment