Muse & Merlot

Ramblings of a Modern Day Renaissance Soul

11/18/15

My Skin Care MUST Haves!


Today I thought I would share my GO TO skin care products!  I use each of these products DAILY and swear by them!  I have normal to dry skin (driest in the winter) so not sure if these would work for everyone, but for me, they work like a charm! 

1. If I had to choose one skin care product that I can't live without it would be sunscreen! I literally NEVER leave the house without it on ...even in the winter I put a thin layer on after my moisturizer.  Not only does it keep my skin safe and youthful but it adds a pretty, dewy, glow (I think at least)! This one from Trader Joe's is a favorite of mine.  It is under $4, goes on smooth and isn't greasy at all! (Link here

2. This Moisturizer!!!!!  I legit can't say ENOUGH about this moisturizer! It smells AMAZING, goes on like silk and I'm OBSESSED with the way it makes my skin look and feel!  Seriously every time I put it on I feel like I am treating my skin to some luxurious, over priced face cream that I would never be able to afford....it is THAT spectacular! ......A MUST have! (Link here)

3. Dry Skin Cream by Pond's is what I use as my night cream.  My grandmother has used it forever and swears by it (she's 80 and looks fantastic!) It can be a little greasy so not sure it would be perfect for everyone, but it works great for me and an added bonus: it's under $5! (Link Here)

4. I got this product in a FabFitFun box and I'm in love with it!  I put a thin layer over my moisturizer and it makes my skin look flawless!!!!!! It adds the daintiest, amount of shimmer, just enough to give your skin this glow like you are radiating from within! It costs $39 which can sound like a lot for a "lotion" but it has replaced my tinted moisturizer which cost me about the same and didn't look nearly as great as this stuff does! (Link Here

5. About a year ago I started noticing fine lines on my forehead and totally considered Botox..That's right I'm owning it!!! SO vain I know!  Anyways, I  scheduled an appointment with my dermatologist to get some more information and ended up feeling like the risk involved wasn't worth it...to me anyways..... I swear I am always that 1% things happen to and could totally see myself walking around with a cocked eyebrow for like 3 months...NOT HAPPENING!!  Tossing that idea out the window...for now at least...my dermatologist told me about this stuff that she recommends to her patients, it's available over the counter and let me just tell you it works!  It cost me around $20 and I've been using it ever since.  I would say it took about 2 weeks to notice a difference but it was enough to have me HOOKED!  (Link Here) Also, if you haven't used a Retinol based product before, it's totally normal to feel like your skin is getting dryer and to experience a little redness at first...I usually put this on after I wash my face and then layer on some Ponds...it's the perfect balance :)

6. Drum roll please, because I saved the best for last!!!! This stuff is the HOLY GRAIL of eye serums and I swear it has almost completely erased the fine lines I was starting to get.  I got this in a FabFitFun box LAST fall and I still haven't used it all!!!!  <----Keep that in mind when I mention the price...brace yourself....... $88!! (insert the bug eyed emoticon) It's a hefty price-tag I know, buttttttt considering it has lasted me a year and the results have been magnificent, I think it's totally worth it and will be buying more once the one I have is finally out of juice! (Link Here)


No comments:

Post a Comment