Muse & Merlot

Ramblings of a Modern Day Renaissance Soul

12/17/16

10 Tiny Fingers, 10 Tiny Toes......

It has been a while since I blogged and my husband has been telling me to get back into it.  Well, a final assignment for a course I am taking was to create a blog so I figured this may be the perfect time to get back into the swing of things. 

What better way to get back into blogging than to share some exciting news......  Jeff and I are expecting our first little peanut this May (a boy to be exact) and we are thrilled! 

How cute is this little man?!  I am biased of course but my goodness that little face!!!
Displaying 20161212_105529.jpg

I found out I was pregnant on the second anniversary of our engagement and was shocked.  So shocked that I took 4 tests just to "make sure."  You would think a scientist would have faith in the positive results of ONE, but nope...I had to take 3 more!

As soon as the news sunk in and the results said BOY I eagerly and feverishly began  searching Pintrest for decor ideas.  I knew I wanted something that he could grow into that wasn't the typical "baby" themes you see a lot of and the scientist in me wanted lots of contrasting colors to aid in brain development.  Yes, it's a thing!!  

**Shameless science plug: Research shows that calm, neutral colors is equivalent to putting a blindfold on your baby...they simply can't differentiate the shades.  Babies need bold contrasts like black and white to stay engaged!  

What I came up with was an outdoorsey, colorful nursery scheme with 3 different walls.  One wall is done in chalkboard paint so I can leave little messages for him and when he get's bigger he can have an area to create!  The wall where his crib will go is a mountain- scape done in varying shades of gray with black "snow capped" peaks.  Finally, the wall with his dresser is decorated in black crosses and pine tree decals with a bright, kelly green dresser that I found in a thrift store and refinished!  
Displaying 20161211_152701.jpg
Displaying 20161203_154552.jpg
Displaying 20161212_162951.jpg

His nursery is still a work in progress and I can't wait to share more pictures when I am done!  Do any other mommies-to-be have any decor preferences?  

No comments:

Post a Comment