Muse & Merlot

Ramblings of a Modern Day Renaissance Soul

1/10/16

Our First Home!!

It's official....my husband and I just purchased our FIRST home together and we couldn't be MORE excited!!  Our house was originally built in 1890 and completely renovated two years ago.  When we began our home search, my husband had his heart set on a new, open concept type house and I wanted something with old-school charm.... so this home couldn't have been more perfect for the both of us!

Now that I have this fresh pallet to do stuff with I've been playing around with different looks.  Jeff told me I'm free to furnish and decorate as I wish.......(Jiminy Cricket was right.....dreams really do come true!!)  HAHAH! 

For the kitchen I want to lighten the cabinets and I'm thinking of doing our island a different color like a deep blue or gray.  Oh, and I'm OBSESSING over brass hardware..that's definitely happening.  I'm also kind of loving the bottom right photo where the upper cabinets are white and the bottom are a blue/gray.  We are also going to be doing a whitish granite, and I'm deciding if I want to do a full back splash or go with something different....decisions decisions! 
 Our current living room furniture is a dark brown so I was thinking of doing the walls a pretty shade of blue/gray.  I think it will really make the white trim and large windows pop and add a cozy feel to the room.  I also like the idea of doing the walls a light gray and sneaking in a pop of blue like the picture in the bottom right.  
 For our master bedroom, I really want to give it a hotel/get-a-way feel, like a place you look forward to escaping to.  I'm loving all of these rooms and how cute is the bottom left picture with the wedding date canvas??!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment